“Give thanks to the Lord for He is good,
His love endures forever.”
Sports Outreach is optimistic about the year 2017 because of your faithfulness, compassion, and love for others. The year 2016 was a very challenging year, but because of your prayers and support the goal to raise $200,000 in December, was not only met, but exceeded! We are so grateful and thank God for the encouragement and inspiration that you, our partners, donors, and volunteers are to us.
Robert Katende, a subject in the movie, Queen of Katwe recently assumed the position of Executive Director, Sports Outreach Uganda and Kenya. As the year 2016 was ending, Robert reported, “It is so humbling to see how God gathers and uses those we may never see face to face, people who have never been to our communities, to inspire and motivate us to continue this great work. With that kind of love, trust, and commitment we can do nothing but our very best to restore hope and transform lives.”
In 2017, Sports Outreach, together with you, will move forward with optimism, commitment, and energy focused on the following:
• Launching the new Katwe Chess Center while also expanding our chess programs in El Salvador, Kenya, and Lynchburg, Virginia.
• Strengthening our staff and volunteers through continued training, equipping, and involvement in community-based efforts.
• Establishing strategic new partnerships and collaborating with local churches and agencies in all the communities we serve locally and globally.
• Implementing new mentoring and vocational programs to empower those we serve to become self-sufficient and valued contributors to their communities.
• Advancing into new communities to Restore Hope and Transform Lives!
You, our gracious donors, volunteers, and sponsors, who helped make 2016 so successful—will you please stand with us again in 2017? We are so grateful to have such wonderful partners. Grateful for your prayers, grateful for your time and expertise, and grateful for the funds you so generously contribute, but most of all, grateful for your unwavering commitment to Sports Outreach!
With much appreciation,
The Sports Outreach Ministry Team